Monday, October 5, 2009

Getting frustrated.

Now we have title problems. Former owner of the house we are purchasing went into a complicated bankruptcy situation, so we have to wait for the title to clear before we can proceed. It is currently tied up in Florida state red tape. Our agent will not bring up the low appraisal until the title situation is rectified, because she is worried that they will let the deal fall through. She says the closer we are to closing, the better a time to bring up the low appraisal because the bank will just want to lower the price and be done with it already. We are feeling frustrated because it means we have no earthly idea as to when we will be moving now. We would have been closing in less than 2 weeks, but now it looks like it won't be for awhile...

Sorry I have not posted much lately, but our frustration, coupled with the fact that my laptop is STILL broken (might be permanently so) has meant I have not had the motivation or the easy ability to share on this blog. Hopefully once things get moving along, I will be much more active here. I just haven't felt very excited about the house purchase lately, because it's more a source of stress than anything right now.

However, I do want to thank PK over at Room Remix for linking my post about stencil canvas art on one of her recent posts. And I also wanted to give a big hello and thanks to anyone who has wandered in via her blog. I'm new around here and happy to have new readers!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear the news about your house (and your laptop!). The waiting for things like this is really the hardest part. I remember when we built our house, some days it just felt like one delay and one frustration after the other and I felt like it was a dream that would never really come true. But now we're safely moved in and so thankful to be so. The same will happen to you and this will seem like a distant bad dream, but I totally relate to your frustration. Hope you get some GOOD news this week!

    ReplyDelete