Sunday, January 24, 2010

Dining Room Weekend

My husband and I are working on the dining room this whole weekend. I couldn't stand that room to be blank and empty for another day, so we are devoting some time to it (finally!). Yesterday, we painted and installed the chair rail. Today, we are going to try to do the rest, which is a LOT so we'll see how much we end up getting done. This might have to extend into a two weekend project.

In about an hour, my brother is going to come over to help us. A good chunk of today will be spent actually buying our dining room furniture! Exciting! Then when we get home, we're going to try to get as much of the crown molding and other stuff done as possible. Not sure how realistic that is, since I know shopping is going to take some time due to several factors, and we also have to grocery shop and prepare the house for a long-term guest arriving this week (a friend of ours is coming home from an honorable discharge from the Navy and needs a place to stay until he gets back on his feet). Either way, I REALLY want it to be completely done by the end of next week, because I am hosting a ladies swap meet on February 6th and would LOVE to have a beautiful new dining room to show off!

Before, during, and (hopefully!) after pictures to come shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment